Wednesday 24 February 2010



SO... vital equipment has arrived. A new saddle pad to keep George`s back in shape.
The new one..obviously - is the black one. SMART. I pictured it with the old one. Its the same make, a PROPAD PLUS from Griffin NUUMED. The old one was FABULOUS and has actually gone most of the 6,000kms or so I have travelled with George. You can see that it looks less, well, NEW, than the new one. SO NUUMED sent me a new one. I am so happy. These are top of the range, and I`d have had to go without food (no bad thing) to buy one.
Whenever people ask me about numnahs and saddle pads I always mention these. (are you listening Marianna?) because..they last, the don`t slip, and the make sure your horse carry rider and loads of saddle bags without getting a bad back. George hasn`t even one white hair on his back.
Oh, one other thing -Griffin-NuuMed supply the British Equestrian team with saddle pads and numnahs which means it isn`t just me that`s noticed how good they are. And George is in pretty exhaulted equine company.
Beneath the saddle pads are the newly created saddle bags.. made out of cycle panniers and two small rucksacks that were supposed to be school bags.. lets see what happens...
Th next photo is of more essential kit, but for me.
On the last ride my sunglasses got lost. that was bad.
So I had to get new ones. I usually get CEBE glacier type ones, but they weren`t available. So I looked at the reviews. Surprisingly North Face Summit glasses came out best- I didnt even know they MADE sunglasses. Anyway I ordered them from Action Outdoors. I was really afraid they wouldnt make it in time, as I had made some previous attempts to order that failed to work out..but here they are, and me still waiting for the lorry.So many thanks to Action Outdoors for being so efficent.They also sent the knickers-
The knickers? they are Paramo. Who, you might ask, would pay 18 quid (or 16 in the sale) for knickers? We all know knickers are £10 for 4 pairs. The answer is anyone who has had saddle sores and rotting feet at the same time.. can`t walk, can`t ride, can`t sit down and cry because everything hurts..is willing to pay almost any money for this not to happen.
A friend once sent me a pair of "sports knickers" and I sent a note to thank her - "I`ll wear them fo riding, walking, skiing.." I wrote.
She replied "Penny. These knickers are NOT for running and riding. These knickers are for seduction..The same applies,now I look at them more closely, to these. Don`t they exude allure?

8 comments:

  1. Please do put names on all forms beautiful and wonderful!
    Great addition the slideshow at the top!
    Good luck on your great adventure,
    love, Aeg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for adding names and descriptions on all those "forms"!
    Thanks for the mention too, I'm famous now!
    That tremella mesenterica is from when we were putting up the nests in Florina?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something's wrong with the clock...
    I posted the last comment 10 March 2010 1:38 !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee, those knickers are just to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same here! It's 15:00 GMT and the comment says
    7 a.m.!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope that you're finally on your way today after all the problems with the lorry.
    Good luck, guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see you are gone.
    Good luck to all of you and have a very nice time.
    Αντε...και να γυρισεις star!!!!!!!!
    xxx virgo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you really gone???
    Καλο δρομο!!!

    ReplyDelete