Sunday 28 March 2010

Going to the ridge where the West commences





















Well..we are off, have been for some time but the weather wasn`t suitable for blogging..freezing, raining WINDY..my fingers froze and everything blew away and ..awful. Also the signal for the computer.. which vodaphone assured me was no worse than their telephone network is actually much worse.. Also I tried to download more tunes but seemed impossible will try now . Have failed. Please to get the right music go to You tube and play "Don`t fence me in" by Gene Autry to get my signature tune alongside my blog.


I keep writing these amazingly wonderful posts, and then, because of stinking vodaphone I get messages saying things like unable to contact blogger, your stuff may not be saved or published. That is to say lost for ever, not once, not twice but five times. AND don`t tell me to save it..HOW? its when I try to save that it tells me it can`t.


Anyway here`s photos of the stuff I took on the first trip (lower photo) and then what I`ve got on this trip. You`ll see two extra illegal items (featured above) which the arms dealer fairy left there. The arms dealer fairy works like this: She tempts you with a pepper spray and a taser and next thing you know you`ve just GOTTA have nuclear submarines.. well thats how the authorities say it happens with drugs..you start with one toke and you end up craving horse tranquillizers..and we all know how true THAT is..


So there are some problems with weapons at all..why do I feel less safe than Idid six years ago? why do any of us feel less safe? Because they tell us its less safe thats why. But who but an idiot reacts to feeling less safe by making themselves even LESS safe? Take the pepper spray.. tested it by spraying out of the window. Immediately the room was less inhabitable than downtown Thessaloniki after a harmless group of protestors has annoyed the police and they have responded with teargas. Isn`t the pepper spray just a bit, well, nonspecific, as a weapon?


And the STUNGUN. Well it does crackle excitingly and makes adorable blue electric lightening, just like when FRankenstein awakens his monster. Is awakening monsters REALLY what I want to do.? Wouldn`t it be safer to just give the attackers what little money I have on me?


The answer to both those questions is obvious, so I have got both illegal items with me.


Next a photo of George inexpertly packed to set off. However dreadful it looks this packing style was good enough to keep all our stuff on board when we got attacked by a bull on Mt Aegelio. That mountain is the first we crossed and is VERY lovely.Though not notable for its excellent weather. As I was saying Aegelio is also not notable for its docile bulls. There we were, riding along, when on a hillside, what should I see but a cow...or in the words of the famous Scottish poet Mcgonagall...'a cow - a bull , by God!" This animal..a member of the normally good tempered Limousin breed, charged. We galloped, luckily it was coming downhill but we were going uphill to get away, which gave us an advantage. WE went on with all speed for what seemed like a long way, but when we slowed down and looked back, what should we see but the animal, now joined by a few other excited bovines, was still on our trail. FUCK!!! I thought, and George obviously thought the same. Bling was wildly excited and thought it was all a game. We continued for another kilometre after which the beasta gave best. But I was still shaking hours later. When we got to lovely, flowery, non windy, non rainy, grass filled SELA we stopped for the nnight. and we didnt set off at all early the next day.
I`m going to post this blog while I still can!!
If I can add more on Blingsblog or about George I will. Please have a look there as well.

4 comments:

  1. Sooo nice to have news from you! And in your inimitable style!
    But... where are you? We all read that you would set off from Pylos. Pylos though is as far West as you can go, so where's this "ridge where the West commences"??? And Mt Aegelion? Sela? Google Maps shows a "Sela" near Leonidion, all the way to the far East of Peloponese.
    I think you must give us your itinery so far, and maybe some pointers of your position next time Vodafone allows you to post!
    I got the Gene Autrey song in the background fine, you don't need to worry about that, just tell us what song to play and will do.
    About your posts... How "25 Mar 2010 ... Well, the time has finally come. George was running about madly and pretending to be a mustang when I went to see him Thursday afternoon." sounds to you? Familiar? Got that on Google search trying your blog address! Ofcourse, clicking on this, I got "this page does not exist"...
    And we have a new fairy! Great!!!
    With all our love,
    Keep trecking Pen !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny, Just to let you know I am following your blog with interest and enjoyment. I hope the sun is shining for you. The light these days has been just exquisite. Every time I try to post this comment, nothing happens, so you may get it 6 times, due to my irritatedly clicking the button several times, or not at all. Katie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou for commenting!!!!!
    Aeg..How can I tell you where I am going if I don`t know?
    Today I am at Bassae.. but not on purpose, though having got here I`m VERY glad I came, its marvellous.
    Anonymous Katie...which Katie are you?
    Please be a follower so I know who you are!!!
    xxp

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jillian and Peter9 April 2010 at 13:35

    Thanks Penny for putting me right on how to comment. I've put our emial up below as you asked:

    Not sure how we send you a message on your blog site. It keeps saying send a message to J-newsom or P-newsom which isn't what I want to do!

    So hope you get this.

    We can at least read your blog site. Nasty having to run from bills (sorry- bulls). We try to run from bills all the time! Really hope your ankle is better. Your pictures are wonderful, we wish we were with you in kind rather than only in thought. Take great care. All love to you, George and Bling.

    I wonder how much things have changed, how even the people are altered let alone the greenery and animals. i still think the pink website is really really awful like a girl who drinks alcopops. i miss you very much.

    ReplyDelete