Thursday 8 April 2010

Hitting the bigtime




.


Well, here we are in Andravida. George is looking out of his STABLE, which he doesnt really like much, he has just been being gussied up for the telly. He, and two pedigree Andravidan horses went to the Frankish church and showed off for the local programme. You can see the two horses, with their riders, Kostas (our host) and Sakis. Pretty fine horses (though overmartingaled bitted and almost everything else) and excellent temperaments.


You can also see a whole lot of media persons. The Dimarchos arranged this extravaganza.. and suddenly I find myself riding through the streets of Andravida attracting a large crowd to talk to the telly.. who I NEVER talk to. And, oh, the newspapers, ditto.


BUT this time I had a plan. I would talk to them as long as I got the chance to talk about poison in the mountains to LOADS of people. AND I DID. You`d have been proud of me readers. Its just whether what I said gets cut or not...


There`s another chance though... ERT picked it up and asked me to stay another day for a detailed live report.. not about poisoned dogs, natch, but about the Greek environment. But they agreed to let me say a bit about it, and they said they wouldnt be able to cut it afterwards as it was going out LIVE.


So everyone, please watch ERT (OK, I don`t know which ERT,I just know it goes all over Greece,) and the minute you see me incoherently trying to explain stuff in excrable Greek phone the channel and tell them "YEAH, I lost a dog too.." and so on. You never know it might do some good...

2 comments:

  1. Randall Warner and Barry Feldman9 April 2010 at 20:44

    Penny - we didn't see a ERT broadcast on Thursday. But we don't want to miss any opportunity to react and to make our voices heard in support of you and George.

    ReplyDelete