Monday 12 April 2010

signs
















As usual photos are in the wrong order, BUT since I needed cheering up, and these signs amused me they may amuse youall too. The bottom one made me laugh a lot...and if it were true Bling would still be alive.

Everyone I ask says that it is hunters that put out poison..I`m still obsessively asking people about poison...up here on Erymanthos it is usually put out in bits of chicken, so a lady whose husband had lost his valuable German Shepherd told me.

All agree that it is hunters that do it. As if we needed proof that there are plenty of intellectually challenged hunters about look at t he next sign...er??? yes it seems that the poor pig farmers have been losing their pigs to.. hunters. I saw some of these pigs.. they are kind of crossbred pigs and boar. They REALLY arent in the least wild, and don`t look like boar..so??? duh!

Next photo shows George after climbing Mt Erymanthos... he is now on the way down.

But something in his expression suggests that there is a LOT of uphill in the Southern mountains. He didn`t even have to carry his fat rider, as we met two donkeys who came with us and gave George the horrors, so I had to walk.

The last photo is of Perywinkles in the frost.. just to prove that its pretty damn cold up here in the mountains. But also I thought the blue and the grey looked so nice together.

Erymanthos is a very fine mountain indeed, and before you get to it you can pass through a most AMAZING oak forest near the village of Panopoulos.

On Erymanthos there is a large area of stoney splendour, then some Firs, and then some wonderful holme oaks, and then there is also a fabulous plane forest. And crystal streams?you betcha! think of the best crystal torrent you know, Erymanthos has got one just as good.

Also, in one of these streams I found tiny molluscs, the like of which I have never seen. I think they are kind of mussels, but I`m not sure. Each one is about 1cm max, and they put out those rude looking..things.. are they feet? eyes? reproductive organs?

I`ll have to wait til I get home to find out, unless someone can tell me on the blog.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Penny! Good job!! Nice photos~
    xxxxxx Dorina

    ReplyDelete